Research has shown that employee happiness improves the bottom line, but how can you help your employees find more joy right now? Between work deadlines, the pandemic, and the holiday season, we’re all in need of some tips for finding happiness right now.
A 2020 Gallup study found that 85% of employees are not engaged, and 81% are looking for another job. Disengaged employees and constant turnover costs your organization money and time.
Improving workplace happiness and engagement for your employees is essential to retaining talent and attracting top candidates.
Employee engagement expert and CEO of Change4Growth Beth Thomas is the author of Powered by Happy, a guide to workplace happiness and engagement for organizations of all sizes.
In this webinar, Beth Thomas shared practical advice for increasing your happiness at work, keeping a virtual workforce engaged, and defining happiness in an ever-changing world.
Powered by Happy: Top Tips for Workplace Happiness
- Find a career you’re passionate about
- Prove your value every day
- Define what leadership means to you
- Identify leadership you can rely on and trust
- Identify a positive culture with co-workers you like and respect
Achieving happiness is a conscious choice. Ask yourself what you’re doing to achieve it? Are you focusing on happiness, dedicating time to things that make you happy and valued?
To do this, start by defining what happiness means to you.
There is no one size fits all definition of happiness. It’s different for everyone and evolves with every stage of your life.
Create a wish list. Write out the things that make you happy and plan them into your schedule, whether that’s a 15-minute coffee with a friend, a half-hour for yoga before bed, or something else.
Here are some more things you can do to achieve happiness:
- Focus on the things you’re grateful for.
- Minimize negative thoughts. Did you know that over 70% of the things we worry about never actually happen?!
- Help others be successful. Helping others is the #1 contributing factor to long term sustainable happiness.
- Laugh often.
Get specific tips on how to create a plan for happiness, especially during a time of trials and change, like COVID-19, and more in the recording below.
Need help creating engaging eLearning that drives productivity? Contact our custom eLearning development team.